So you’ve bought your first QuickLits study guide and you might be wondering how to get the most out of it. Well, don’t worry – we’ve compiled this little tutorial to show you the best ways to use our guides. Whichever guide(s) you’ve bought, we want to make sure that you get the best marks on your English Literature essays and exams!
QuickLits’ Top Tips For Study Success
- Make sure that you have thoroughly read the text you are studying. Remember that QuickLits guides are quote-based. Unlike other study providers out there, we don’t provide pages and pages of summaries. Once you’ve got the plot down, you’re ready to go!
- Start with the Cheat Sheet. On the final page of every QuickLits guide, we have created a handy Cheat Sheet, filled with all of the key themes and literary devices for the novel or play. Start here to get a general overview of what is covered in the guide. You can also print out the Cheat Sheet and use it to help with your revision.
- Search for specific quotes. If you’re looking for help with a particular quote, use the Search function in your PDF reader (press CTRL + F) to help you locate that exact quote.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Search function to look for quotes relating to a particular theme or literary device. Just search for the one you need.
- You can also use the QuickLits guide to memorise a quote. Use the Search function to find the quote you want to learn and write it on an index card. Get a friend to test you, or practice writing it out on the back.
- You can also use this method to learn our quote analysis. Start with an index card and, on one side, write the quote. On the other side, write the analysis. Test yourself until you feel confident.
- Best of all, our unique method (found only inside the QuickLits guides) teaches you a foolproof way of analysing quotes. So when you’re in an exam situation, don’t forget to use it. Once you’ve mastered the method, you’re ready to tackle any quote, any time.
We hope you find these tips useful when using your QuickLits guide(s)! If you haven’t bought one yet, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out – click here!